7.23.2014

NYC Recap || The MET

Ah, we've reached the end of my NYC posts. I have to say I'm sad to see them end- it was so much fun reliving this adventure by sharing it with y'all! The last day of our trip was relatively short since we had to be at the bus by 3:30pm, but the weather was idyllic and we tried our hardest to make each minute count.

The highlight of the day was spending a leisurely three hours exploring The MET on the Upper East Side. As a long time Gossip Girl fan (own all the books & dvd's #guiltypleasure) I've always loved visiting the MET and pretending I'm Blair Waldorf. I love that no matter how many times I visit there's always something new to see and another area of the building to explore.

The MET 
The inside of the museum never fails to amaze me. Everywhere you turn there's something just waiting to take your breath away. One place I was determined to visit was the Egyptian Wing that's featured in one of my favorite movies, When Harry Met Sally. The giant window was gorgeous on the bright, sunny day and the natural light was filtering in so beautifully.

The MET

My favorite new discovery of the day was definitely the Charles James: Beyond Fashion exhibit. The room features his beautiful sculptural gowns and quotes about fashion on mirrored walls; combined with the low lighting there was definitely a magical glow about the room. It's only running until August 10th so if you find yourself in the city before then (and love fashion/history) you must go check it out!

The MET

Despite the beauty inside the museum, the absolute best part of the visit was finally visiting the museum's rooftop in person! I had seen so many gorgeous photos on the 'Gram of this location, and thanks to Brooke's emphatic recommendation we knew that we simply couldn't miss the amazing views of the city from this vantage point. Wow was everyone right! It was a cloudless, breezy day and the city was definitely showing off for us. There were so many people up there enjoying the weather and I could have easily spent the rest of the afternoon there if we hadn't had to leave to catch our bus.

The MET

The dress I wore that day (which my roommate so nicely let me borrow!) was perfect for walking around the Upper West/East Side and Central Park; comfy, but still had a 'put together' vibe. I just love its unusual color and swingy, tiered shape. I'm definitely on the hunt to find one like this for myself!

The MET

Sigh, well that does it for my recaps of our amazing New York adventure! It was truly a trip of a lifetime and I had the best time exploring my favorite city with my brother and friends! Hope y'all have a great Wednesday- see you back here on Friday :) xx

-Lanie W.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers!