8.28.2013

My Last Bid Day

I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned that I'm in a sorority here on the blog, but today I just had to share some memories because it's my last Bid Day ever. *cue the violins* In the fall of 2010 as a Freshman at the College of Charleston I went through recruitment and joined Alpha Delta Pi. I had no idea of what to expect about joining a sorority or what it would mean, but I was extremely excited when I got my bid! Here's a few pics from my first Bid Day in Charleston-

Bid Day 2010-




Throughout Freshman year ADPi gave me a sense of belonging and a place to fit in within (what seemed like) an overwhelming college community. However, I knew CofC was not the place for me and I transferred to Clemson for my Sophomore year. I affiliated with the ADPi chapter at Clemson after their 2011 Bid Day so I didn't get to participate in the activities that year. 

Last year my best friend transferred to Clemson and decided to go through recruitment. I waited with such anticipation as she went through rounds and by chance she fell in love with ADPi during the process. On Bid Day last year she received her bid to ADPi and we officially became sisters for life. It was honestly one of the most emotional/best days ever.

Bid Day 2012-




I can't believe this is my very last Bid Day! Being a senior is such a crazy experience because everything is my 'last' this or 'last' that. I am so excited for the girls who will find their home in Alpha Delta Pi today- it truly has been an incredible part of my college experience and I can't imagine not having my part of this wonderful sisterhood. Both Makenzie and I are taking 'littles' this year and I can't wait to help our new Alphas have the best, most memorable Bid Day experience ever! We live for each other. <>

-Lanie W.

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet post! My school's recruitment is in three weeks and ADPi is one of the sororities that I'm most interested in!

    xoxo Miss ALK
    http://missalk1994.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers!